MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
Under data protection legislation, all organisations that handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles about the privacy and disclosure of this information.
Personal data may include your name, telephone number, email address, and date of birth. The provision of personal information is voluntary. I only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out my work or to comply with any legal requirements.
The personal data I hold is collected in electronic form and stored on secure servers. Please note: no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
HOW I PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To contact me through this site, users must check a box confirming their express consent to me storing their personal data
- My phone, computer and email lists are all password-protected
- I edit all client names so as to make no one instantly identifiable
- I ask clients to sign a consent form explicitly asking for consent to store their data for specific purposes. You may withdraw or modify your consent at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am willing to communicate with clients via three secure methods only – email, text and phone call (no Skype, or What’s App, for example)
- Where you agree to work with me online, we will do so solely using GDPR and HIPPA-compliant telehealth service Clocktree
NON-DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
I do not transfer personal information to third parties or service providers. Unless required or permitted by law, I won’t use or disclose your personal information for a new purpose not identified here.
USE AND RETENTION
I retain personal information for only as long as it is necessary to fulfil the stated purposes, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. I will erase personal information that is believed to be no longer needed.
ACCESS, QUALITY + COMPLAINTS
If you wish to access your personal information to challenge accuracy or update it to ensure completeness, you may email email@example.com and take steps to verify, update or correct it. Every privacy-related complaint will be acknowledged, documented, and investigated, with the results being provided to the complainant. If the complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Opting out of cookie usage
To control which cookies you accept, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website’s server. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. You may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, here.
Last updated 28 May 2018
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org